|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Labels and MSDSs are the main ways that important health and safety information about a material is transferred from the manufacturer to the workplace. Knowing how to find the information you need, understanding it and learning how to work safely with a product is essential.
This intermediate level course is for users of MSDSs and WHMIS labels to understand their purpose and the information contained in them. The course provides a thorough explanation of WHMIS labels and MSDSs and fulfills the requirements for MSDS and label training in accordance with the provincial and federal regulations in Canada. It does not provide instruction on writing MSDSs or in-depth evaluation of MSDSs.
- Product Identification
- Hazard Identification
- The Basics
- Hazard Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Other Information
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand the purpose of a label and an MSDS, and how MSDS and labels are part of Canada’s right-to-know system
- Know the information required to be disclosed on a WHMIS MSDS/label
- Appreciate the significance of the required information on a label and in the different sections of an MSDS
- Identify the hazards/precautions from a label – supplier label, workplace label, laboratory label
- Understand the terms commonly found on an MSDS and label
- Understand where you can get additional information
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1.5 hours.
- Workers, supervisors and health and safety committee members
- Users of MSDSs and WHMIS labels
Successful completion of WHMIS for Workers or WHMIS for Managers and Supervisors would be beneficial although not required.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.