|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
The Canada Labour Code, Part II ("the Code") governs the health and safety of employees in the federal jurisdiction. Managers and supervisors represent the employer in the workplace and are responsible to carry out the duties of the employer in the work areas that they manage. This course, Canada Labour Code Part II, will give you the basic understanding of the requirements of the Code and how it is applied. Case studies and other examples are included to illustrate the concepts. This course is a useful starting point for those who will be taking training on health and safety committees, WHMIS and other occupational health and safety topics.
- The Internal Responsibility System
- Rights and duties of employers (managers and supervisors)
- Ways to meet employer duties
- Due diligence
- Rights and duties of employees
- Responsibilities of policy and workplace health and safety committees and representatives
- Workplace inspections
- Resolving complaints and work refusals
- Accident/Incident investigation
- Enforcement and consequences of non-compliance
- Criminal liability
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand his duties as a manager or supervisor under the Canada Labour Code, Part II
- Work with employees and the health and safety committee to identify and control work hazards
- Resolve complaints and work refusals
- Assist in an accident investigation
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1 hour.
- Managers, supervisors and employees in federally-regulated businesses and organizations, such as
- federal government
- crown corporations
- interprovincial transportation (trucking, railways, and airlines)
- Human resources and health and safety professionals working in federally-regulated organizations
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.